Thursday, October 28, 2010

Shy younger guy is playing hard to get, now what? HELP!

Its kind of a complicated situation, but I really need your help. Please bear with me, this might be kind of long winded!



There is this younger guy, and you could say we both like each other. We have had pretty verbal conversations by email and im but nothing has come out of it yet. First, he was pretty straight forward when it first began, but after this pretty hot emails we had, he kind of started acting awkward (and at times, I do too). He has made it clear that he likes to tease a little ( I have no problem with this!) and that he doesnt like to give all the information out, that he doenst want to tell me everything he wants/likes, because he likes to keep some excitement. He has been pretty forward in im, but not so much in person. In person, he is kind of reserved and I have even caught him looking at me, and alot of times we lock glances at each other.



I am trying to get him to open up to me a little, but its not going to be so fast. I have been told to be forward, touch his arm, etc. He is not easy to get close to, and I am shy myself but I figured one of us has to make a move or nothing will happen. So, more or less I have been talking to him on the phone today and making forward comments.



NOthing trashy of course, but I did offer a massage, and say things like how I needed to give him a drink because he is tense and I dont bite. I kind of think he is playing this game where I will want him more. Because when I call him and ask him to come visit me, he is kind of '; Ohhhh maybe I will come see you before I leave'; and of course he doesnt. Then, he plays another game with the IM's signing off and on, taking a while to respond, etc. I am all fine with this, its all part of the excitement I guess. But if someone can please give me a refresher course on this, I havent done it in a while. Oh, and he is 10 years younger than I.Shy younger guy is playing hard to get, now what? HELP!
My mother always told me, ';Never chase a man, because he'll just keep running';. You're giving this guy to much attention and WAY to much credit. Yes I'm sure he's reserved but it's not so much that he doesn't approach the women he likes. Why don't you try allowing him some wonderment. Let him wonder, ';Whay happened to her, she just stop trying?';. For some reason when you totally pay a guy no attention at all, you get all of his attention. They love TO chase, not TO BE chased. Stop all the emails, and IM's, and other forms of egar communication. Speak to him, ONLY after he speaks to you. IM him only in response to something he wrote and ';take your time replying';. Either he'll become scared that you're no longer interested, and persue you. Don't let guys play games with your mind.Shy younger guy is playing hard to get, now what? HELP!
too long to read.
He might be wierded out by you and too afraid to turn you down. Maybe he's getting a thrill out of leaving you wanting and has no intention of putting out. Or he could be intimidated by an older...you. On the internet, it's so easy to come on strong but meeting in person is a totally different ballgame. If anything happens he's just going to have to come around on his own. Maybe you should try being a little less forward for a bit and see if things can calm down a tad. He's not 13 is he?

No comments:

Post a Comment