Sunday, November 21, 2010

Child Protective Services about my children?

I am 24 and have 2 amazing little angels. 3 (boy) and 7 (girl) who are my ENTIRE world. Growing up I lived in a terrible situation, my parents drank ALOT and did stupid things and my dad was in jail alot. I ended up getting pregnant at 16. I was with the guy for Around 5 years. He cheated and we split up, we were on great talking terms becuase of our daughter. I was moved on, engaged and had my son with my fiance. When I was 21, I was raped, It caused major strain in our relationship because I was always depressed. I just couldn't be with him anymore, he was selfish and only thinking of him. He didn't take it to well and physically abused me. We had a home together and I couldn't take it, so my best friend said she would help me out and we got an apartment together until I got back on my feet. She stayed at the apartment for one month and then split leaving me with all the bills and I couldn't afford it so the only choice I had was to move me and my kids back home, which was very hard for me to do because I resent how horrible they made life for me and I made sure I would never be like that to my children. But I did move back home, and as expected my mom stayed pretty much a drunk. We had our bad days but I had no other options. During some of her drunken nights she would get get beligerant and mad because she didn't want my boyfriend at the time there or I would hide her beer because she takes prescription pills, and she would call the cops drunk telling them I am trying to beat her and other ridiculous thing. I never leave my children alone with her, I am home 24/7 to take care of my son and work as a caregiver for my mom. Things have been ok though now. Somewhat, my daughter has tourettes and see a psychiatrist and counselor on a regular basis and my some is just as happy as can be. A few days ago we were playing outside and he tripped and a stick cut a 2 inch gash in him so he needed a few stitches. Here we are a few days later, cps shows up. With allegations from someone that I neglect my babies. That our our home is full of roaches and rats (which is completely untrue as the cps worker saw) and so many other ridiculous allegations. They tried to talk to my 3 year old but he was scared. Tomorrow morning he has to speak with my 7 year old. I am a wreck! I have no criminal background, not even a ticket. Never touched a drug in my life, drinking about once every every 3-4 mths since I have kidney problems. My children love me. I've never even spank my children. I am terrified the worst is going to happen. I cant imagine losing my kids, how likely is it that they could actually take my world away from me? It hurts me so badly that my ex would do something like this to me and the kids out of spite. What can I do? How do I go about handling this. I have never had anything like this before in my life and I dont know what to expect.Child Protective Services about my children?
Just be as transparent as possible and cooperative, it will be readily apparent there is nothing to warrant the call - and next time they will have less credence then they did this time.Child Protective Services about my children?
If you haven't done anything wrong, nothing will come of it. They will look, see that you have done no wrong, and leave. Worst case that I can think of is that they ask you to move out because of unsafe living conditions, because of your mother drinking.
as long as your kids are healthy and being cared for and your home is not a wreck -- you've got nothing to worry about. I've never had to deal with CPS, but if you've got nothing to hide then they'll see that -- they've got real problems to deal with. you're not going to lose your children. kids get stitches and they get hurt, but that doesn't mean you're negligent or abusive. tell your daughter not to be scared (poor thing, I'm sorry you all have to go through this) and the whole mess will be sorted out soon. be cooperative, they're just doing their job. think of it this way -- some people actually do live in horrid conditions and some kids do get abused, so the fact that they take allegations seriously speaks highly of them. YOU don't have to worry, but it is good that that service exists to help children who really do need help. good luck and I'm sorry. chin up, momma.
';how likely is it that they could actually take my world away from me?';





Probably not very, but just how bad is the scene with your mother? It doesn't sound like a very good home for your children.





If you went from one abusive home to another and then back to the first -- and feel that ';I had no other options';-- you do have difficulties; use this as an opportunity to ask for help, see if they can't do something useful for you. Ask for referrals to help with counseling, job placement services, housing assistance.
When I was in labor (with no epidural mind you seeing as I am deathly afraid of needles) a nurse called CPS and reported that I was suicidal (I was telling my friend I just wanted to die..I was in pain!), that I was anorexic and didn't care for my unborn child (I only gained 17 pounds during my pregnancy but my daughter was 8 lbs!) and that I didn't want my daughter (I said ';I change my mind, I don't want this';- meaning labor) Also that I neglected my daughter because I didn't want to hold her when she was born (I tried and felt my arms literally give out from under me I was so exhausted...I was so afraid I would drop her!)





They still had to do an all out investigation and I was so worried they wouldn't even let me go home with my daughter...they overturned over aspect of my life and home, looking for anything. After a few weeks they couldn't find anything at all and closed the case....it was a few weeks of hell and fear (even thou I did nothing wrong) but in the end the truth came out...











Don't worry...if you have nothing to hide then they will find nothing. They won't give up till they over turn everything but in the end the truth will come out!!!





Cooperate with them FULLY and answer ANY and ALL questions and you will be fine..
I completely agree with the poster who told you to use this as an opportunity to get help. You need to step back and look at your situation. I know you feel that you have no options. You are young, likely uneducated, and probably a little depressed about your life, all which unmotivated you and makes you feel as if you have no choice. Honey, you do have choices. CPS doesn't *want* to take your kids. If anything they are looking for reasons to keep your kids with you. The last thing they want is another ';case'; to have to look in to, another home to find for these kids. If things are like you say, then losing your kids is the last of your worries. What you need to focus on is LEAVING. You and your mom's relationship is poison to you and your kids. You need to get housing assistance, government assisted daycare, use public transportation to find work, use TANF, use food stamps, WIC, coupons, food banks. There are resources, it just seems like there is not. Do you have a diploma? A GED? did you know that if you sign up for classes you can get a grant, and actually get a large refund of money? Enough to even possibly get you a car or buy things for your kids? The point is that there are options. Many of them, and it may be scary, but the only way out is to move forward and not look back. You won't lose your babies, but you need to lose the situation you are in. Good luck!
In my experience (I had to deal with CPS a few times when I was a kid), they don't want to tear families apart. They want you to keep your children. They will only remove the children if they find evidence of neglect or abuse or unsafe living conditions. If they have any concerns, they might want to check in on you, or provide you with resources.





Believe it or not, the CPS gets many bogus calls from vindictive exes or ';concerned'; neighbors. I had them called on me once because my neighbors didn't like that my children don't attend church. That was it. They spoke with me for about an hour, and then left. Never heard from them again. Unfortunately, because of false calls, that they HAVE to investigate, many children who really are abused slip through the cracks.
Well, guess what, your not alone! All over the USA children are being taken from GOOD PARENTS! If you have been reading on line you must know that by now!


There is a huge cash flow and John Hopkins who works along side Obama. Look it up and see what is going on for yourself.


Fyi... Here is a heads up! http://www.ripoffreport.com/child-protective-services/arizona-child-protec/arizona-child-protective-servi-264pm.htm Every state... IN EVERY STATE GOOD PARENTS ARE LOOSING THEIR CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!鈥?and NO... they don't give a rat's a**!!!


I hate what is going on more then you could ever know but nevertheless it is going on it has been and it has become so wide spread that it's all over the internet. It's not on tv and radio because the fed gov said no and the internet is not yet fully restricted.


FYI... Yahoo Answers and Craigslist are full of dcyf/ cps and things are often restricted. Facebook is how a lot of parents are finding there children and they'll be restricted soon I'm sure. Go myspace it's better anyway. Look up Alex Jones he seems to have a clue.


GBWY, IYTWYSYA...
If nothing is wrong then STOP WORRYING.If they get a tip that a kid is being abused or neglected, they HAVE to investigate.If they find nothing, they move on.Don't sweat it.When the allegations are found to be untrue, they will see that it was a phony call.
just from reading that it appears you may have been through a lot as a child, but most of your problems are of your own making and that you've done little to change your situation and instead are living day to day hoping things will change magically, which they won't. things won't get better unless you make changes, and all the excuses in the world you're making now won't change a thing or make a bit of difference.





perhaps it best you put your children up for adoption, or into state/foster care until you get back on your feet and remove yourself from the situation you say brought you so much pain and added to your need for counseling. but your complaints just don't add up, sorry.
it sounds like you have nothing to worry about


no drugs not drinking and dont hit ur kids they will see that all the allegations were untrue and try not to be all nerves because they will think something is up


if you can get some child support for ur kids and save any kind of money to get ur own studio good luck sorry ur life is hard at the moment time heals keep ur head up :o)
  • freckles
  • human hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment