Friday, November 19, 2010

Why would a mature woman play ';hard to get';?

I was talking with a female neighbor (married, late 30’s) and asked how her teen son was doing in school and how he was doing in the teen dating scene. The topic of dating was discussed further in terms of “the game.” She claimed if her current husband had met her in the old fashioned way, she would have probably turned him down. She then said even if she was dating currently, she would play “hard to get” and reject guys while giving some look or giggle to otherwise indicate they need to keep asking and asking. Why would a woman over 30 still consider such a thing? Is she just a one-off or is that more common for mature women? I just pick 30 as a set point. Women in their 20’s can be mature as well. I know that many of my male peers over 30/40 have very busy lives…career, activities, single Dads and don’t really have the time to play the hard to get games like they did in their 20’s.Why would a mature woman play ';hard to get';?
Mature people would realize that playing such mind games is counter productive and also immature, and wouldn't do it.





This is why I have always preferred older women right from when I was around 9. It used to be a simple thing -- Yes, or no. That's it. I realized that one doesn't have to make life complicated to actually enjoy it.





Therefore, if a mature woman actually believes that playing hard to get will somehow increase her ';value';, I wouldn't agree that she is mature at all -- or at least that she hasn't learned important lessons in her life.





Mind games are two-edged swords. If people can just dish them out but not take them, they're in for disappointment.Why would a mature woman play ';hard to get';?
maybe she still sexy, lokk at Jennifer Tiily, she's like 50 and still sexy, i'm pretty sure she plays hard to get.
I don't think that being ';selective'; is playing ';hard to get';. I know that there are some women that do play ';hard to get';, but for most...? It's not really ';playing'; it's being selective.





EDIT: Ooh... I gotchu. She means that she'd drag him around a bit, first, despite KNOWING she was interested. That's BS.
How disgusting is that? I would tell her to talk to you when she decides to grow up. I have no problem keeping it real.
Because you should not settle
Sometimes they're not ';playing'; hard to get.
cuz she's delusional
I would say she is not all that mature.
hahaha games are for kids! But I'm convinced that women usually don't mature until they actually have children, age has nothing to do with it usually! I'm surprised the woman you mentioned already has a son, yet still thinks it's OK to play that?





I don't know what to think about this issue. I think since women spend all their time thinking about relationships anyway, they expect guys to care more and actually play along. I'd feel like a jack*ss if some woman tried to play me like that...I don't care how old she is either. don't know why some women still think it's acceptable.
For me you can only play 1 hand of hard to get. If they want a little milk sop they can walk all over and play games with go for it. I'll take a stronger woman who does and says whats on her mind.
Because creating expectations is a way to acquire control upon a large number of men that she can use and there still are stupid men who fall in those traps !





p.s. Any adult man who has a half brain or a little self respect should know how to recognize trouble and deception, otherwise, he ALMOST deserves to be victimized.





(Then he will probably whine and complain forever against all women and feminism.)
maybe because she's a b*tch with a mind of a 3 year old.
Because she isn't mature. Adult doesn't automatically mean mature.
I have no idea. I could never be bothered with that lark myself. But some men like it, so I gather, they enjoy trying to overcome a woman's reluctance. Or so I gather.
Nah, she probably thinks it's fun. She's having a good time. She likes the attention.





People need to feel like they're wanted, and when someone gets you-- I guess you could argue-- then they don't want you anymore. They have you, which is way, waaaaay different.





She's doing something for herself at someone else's expense (generally), so it's not what's up. But you gotta let people be who they are. She doesn't deserve to be judged.
Some women are under the impression that a guy will lose interest if he gets her interest too easily. That leaving him in some sort of doubt will excite him and make him want her more. My own mother actually encouraged me to do these things when I first began dating. The ';hard to get'; thing might be true if he has issues with absolutely hating rejection and needs to make every conquest he undertakes go his way- but conventional wisdom would say this is not the sort of guy who needs to be in a relationship, but I think most guys will just give up, It's high school level immature and, in a way, playing with someones mind. I think this is that particular woman's own maturity issue here, and if she would find herself back in the dating pool she would be spending a lot of lonely nights by herself.





To me being ';selective'; would involve at least getting to know the guy first. Not making him keep asking and asking in order to find out if he likes me enough for me to date him. I can't respect someone who can take endless rejection and not get the hint.
Only answer for this one:





''Because us women can''
  • computer security
  • human hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment