Sunday, November 21, 2010

How many girls on here REALLY play ';hard to get';?

I, for one, don't have the patience to play those little games or try and hide my interest (or lack thereof) from a guy in order to get him to ';pursue'; me...if I'm interested, and he shows interest in me, I'll be receptive to that. But if I'm not interested, I'll tell him straight up not to waste his time because I'm not a casual sex girl, nor am I interested in a relationship with him.





The thing is, it seems that so many guys think that girls just go around playing hard to get all of the time that I've NEVER had a guy just leave me alone after I nicely told him to leave me alone (not in those words obviously, or it wouldn't be ';nicely). It's freaking annoying when a guy sends you 10 text messages in a day regardless of the fact that you're not responding and, when he realizes that's not working, logs into facebook and starts messaging you on there. I don't really understand what is so difficult to understand about ';no.';





I've never met many girls who thought playing hard to get was cool either, so I don't really know where this idea that the guy should harass the girl until she caves comes from.How many girls on here REALLY play ';hard to get';?
I am a very straight forward person and have 0 tolerance for mind games.How many girls on here REALLY play ';hard to get';?
';How many girls play hard to get'; Few if any at all. If we believe modern cultures image of young women. They have become the sexual aggressors with an appetite equal to that of men, Hooking up, one night stands and emotionless sexual encounters are the new norm for young women.
If you play hard to get you wont get its that simple really.
Amen to that! I completely agree. Unfortunately, I know a lot of women that do it. I've listened to their conversations. They don't call it playing hard to get though. They call it ';not being an easy catch,'; which is just code for ';I'm giving him hell.'; In my opinion, they don't know any other way to keep a man's attention, so they play games so he'll stick around... if he's up for the challenge. Playing hard to get just confuses guys- when a woman say ';no,'; he won't know if it's for real. Personally, I don't have time for all that bs. Most guys know right away if I like them or not.
I completely agree with this





good for you


it's because of all the chicks that do enjoy playing stupid mind games that we get harassed; and guys don't understand when no means no (or when stupid sluts really mean yes)
I don't because if I really like someone I just CANT do it. XD I get all lovey dovey and I just cant pretend to be otherwise. It's just impossible for me. Completely impossible. Nope cant do it.
Me. I always tell guys they ugly.
';I've NEVER had a guy just leave me alone after I nicely told him to leave me alone (not in those words obviously, or it wouldn't be ';nicely).';








THERE is your problem. Women think that dropping hints is ';nice';, and that being direct and to the point is rude.





It is true that many guys have been fed the stereotype that women expect to be pursued, and that a persistent guy is romantic, and that may be why some guys seem reluctant to take ';no'; for an answer (at least not until you said it to them two or three times), but it is also true that men simply don't understand a woman's hints.





Unless you are direct, then you are just leading people on. It is only ';rude'; if you sound angry or impatient. Usually all you have to say is, ';I'm sorry, but I'm not interested';, is all that you have to say. Most guys are too egoistical to chaise after a girl who made it clear that she doesn't appreciate him.
I don't play hard to get, just ignore him, poof gone.





Playing hard and no interest are too different things. A girl needs to cut communication make it clear she's not interested, ignore him. Instead of taking his text giggling, laughing one minute than the next saying I don't like him. Wishy-washy...Make it clear of no interest.
Never. If a guy is into me and I'm not into him, I'll be straightforward and let him know. There have been times when I've been hesitant to get with someone and then later changed my mind and called him; but that wasn't playing hard to get. I really was hesitant, because he was my ex and I wasn't sure if I wanted to get back together with him. Guys, if a girl seems hesitant or that she isn't into you, always assume that she isn't going to change her mind, and don't call/text/email/message her. If she does change her mind, she'll let you know. And if she doesn't, then don't waste your time with her.
I'm too old for those kind of games. Then again, I've been too old since I was old enough to date.
I don't play hard to get.





I am hard to get.
I agree with you completely. It happened to me recently where I had a guy friend who wanted to be more then friends and I really don't want a relationship. He called me a tease and said he didn't want to be friends- I had never tried to give that impression.


He then did what you described, emailed me on facebook, texted me and called me, even came to my house once, for 2 weeks before he left me alone.





I guess it's a case of you want what you can't have and once you have it, you don't want it.


Playing hard to get is childish, its ok if its nothing serious but then it goes too far and peoples feelings get hurt.
They don't leave you alone because you told them nicely. I say it once nicely, but the second time isn't so nice and it tends to stop it. I also don't play games, never have and never will but i';m sure some girls do which leads some men to lump us all together.
In my earlier years, when I was single and liked a guy, I tended to be very competitive with him. That's the closest I've ever gotten to ';hard to get.'; After the first three tries, someone who thinks you're playing hard to get needs a reality check.

No comments:

Post a Comment