Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do you stay loose and play your game when your nervous?

I have to play a big match tomorrow and just thinking about it when I was playing this morning made me extremely tight. I've never played the guy I'm playing tomorrow, but I heard he's in good shape, is steady, but has no real weapons. I'm confident if I play the way I always play I'll win, but when I get nervous or don't get any rhythm I get extremely tight and miss everything. Its like I'm a robot and I can't swing freely.



When I'm playing someone who hits hard and deep and keeps me running I get into a rhythm and play well, but with no pace shots I try to guide the ball and I can't play. Should I try to move my feet, focus on the stroke, or what?How do you stay loose and play your game when your nervous?
Try not to think about it. Thinking is the enemy, just play. Watch some pro tennis matches live or replayed. It helps to watch good players play. You also have to realize that even the pros make mistakes and that your goal is to go out there, play your game, and have fun. I like reading books like ';Winning Ugly'; by Brad Gilbert to relax and refresh my memory on some good tips. Its kinda like having a coach in my back pocket. Try to warm up early, get a good breakfast in, and a night's rest. Try not to worry. Be confident. You'll do fine. Good luck!How do you stay loose and play your game when your nervous?
That's a question that you are going to have to answer yourself. Each person has a different way of keeping loose. I have a problem with that myself. The best way is just to have fun, imagine that you are playing your buddy.
Just keep your head in the game. Don't let your concentration slip at any moment. Always keep your mind on the goal. You will never lose if you concentratee.

No comments:

Post a Comment