Sunday, November 14, 2010

Getting back with my ex husband?

My ex husband and I split less than 2 yrs ago...I got remarried to a new guy after only 2 months of knowing him mostly because I needed the financial security...Every day I realize more and more it was a huge mistake...He does not make me happy. He lies about almost everything, right to my face...makes elaborate stories to lie and insists that that is the truth even though they are totally unbelievable. He plays a stupid video game alone in another room every day of the week from when he gets home from work to hours after I go to bed. He also plays all weekend, never has money to take me out, and if we do go out it isn't even enjoyable because we have nothing to talk about and he has no personality or sense of humor. He also drinks every night, beer after beer, or hard liquor, and he has gotten violent before. My ex wants me back. We were a way better match and he made me laugh constantly, anything we did together was fun. I can see him being a great dad and having a family with him - I don't see myself having kids with my current husband. My ex and I split because we were both immature at the time and did not know how to communicate. I regret leaving now and I wish I had tried harder to work it out because it was totally fixable. The problem is he now lives across the world and I am married to someone else. I just need some opinions on what other ppl would do in my situation...My ex is willing to help pay to have me move to where he is. He is just a way better guy all around - more responsible, mature, has a better future ahead of him...Is totally honest with everyone and has a great personality. Writing it all down the choice is obvious but thinking about actually leaving my current husband is scary...Is it worth it to leave? Or should I just try to make it work?Getting back with my ex husband?
do it for the right reasons. you know its wrong to get back with your ex husband only to use him. Do it for love. you have to love your ex husand and be selfless in a new relationship with him otherwise you will be unhappy all over again. you have to both be in love to make it work. love and communication.Getting back with my ex husband?
A very good divorce attny once said: Never start another fire until the first embers are long cold. The first process of conflict is to work thru it. If that becomes impossible than you make the next decision of a life without a mate. To leave one for another is the worst of solutions. That merely indicates the problem is merely being replaced with a different problem.........鈾モ櫏
Why not leave? If the guy is violent with you and treats you like dirt and your ex husband is going to pay your way to movie I'd do it. You don't know what you might be missing out on. I think I would have married someone else if I would have thought it through more.
Sounds like your answering your own question... Obviously you married this guy out of impulse, or fear, or financial reasons, or whatever... but obviously not love. Most of your comment is defending your ex, and stating what a great person he his. Are you actually saying you are considering staying with the alcoholic game player for the rest of your life? My question is... if your ex was so great, why did you split up to begin with? And a better question... do you always make such impulsive decisions? My thoughts are... go back to your ex, and don't waste anymore time with the current guy. What ever it costs you financially, remember that there is no price for happiness... Good luck.



For the record I would like to state that I find nothing wrong with drinking or video games, and couples who do those things together. Everyone is different. The point is that no matter what your into, somewhere out there someone else is into it also... You can't marry a chicken and expect him or her to act like a duck... So choose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment